After making this 10 changes in your lifestyle, you can surely lower and control high blood pressure and cut your risk of heart disease.
If you’ve been diagnosed with high blood pressure problem, you might be bothered about taking medicines to bring the numbers down of your high blood pressure.
When it comes to any kind of disease, Lifestyle plays a key role in treating your high blood pressure and other disease as well.
If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy way of life, you might avoid, delay or reduce the need for medication for future.
We are sharing 10 lifestyle changes with you so you can lower your high blood pressure and keep it down.
See Also: Best Yoga Courses For Beginners.
1. Lose extra weight and keep an eye on your waistline.
Blood pressure often increases as weight increases. Being overweight also can cause disrupted breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea), which further raises the blood pressure.
Weight loss is one of the most helpful daily life changes for controlling high blood pressure. Cut down even a small quantity of weight if you’re overweight can help reduce your blood pressure
Besides peeling pounds, you generally should also keep an eye on your waistline. Having too much weight around your waist can put you at higher risk of high blood pressure.
- Men are at risk if their waist size is more than 40 inches (102 centimeters).
- Women are at risk if their waist size is more than 35 inches (89 centimeters).
2. Exercise (Workout) regularly.
Regular basis physical activities —such as 150 minutes a week, or about 30 minutes every day — can lower your high blood pressure by about 5 to 8 mm Hg if you have high blood pressure. It’s important to be steady because if you stop exercising, your blood pressure can rise again.
Some examples of exercise you may try to lower your high blood pressure are; walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or dancing.
Offer!15%off on Yoga Teacher Training in India.
Try to include the strength building exercises at least two days a week.
Talk to your doctor about an effective exercise program to control high blood pressure.
3. Eat clean and Healthy.
Eating the food that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure effectively if you have high blood pressure.
Try these tips to adopt a healthy diet:
- Keep a food diary. Note what you eat, even for just a week. Observe what are you eating, how much, when and why?
- Consider boosting potassium. Potassium can minimize the effects of sodium on blood pressure. The best resource of potassium is food,such as fruits and vegetables.
- Be a smart shopper. Read food labels when you go to shop and stick to your healthy-eating plan when you are eating out too.
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Click Here!
4. Reduce sodium (Salt) in your diet
Even a small decrease in the sodium in your diet can improve your heart health and reduce your high blood pressure by about 5 to 6 mm Hg if you have a problem of high blood pressure.
To cut sodium in your diet and control high blood pressure, try our tips:
- Read food labels. Choose low-sodium substitute of the foods and beverages you usually buy.
- Eat fewer processed foods. Only a very small amount of sodium presents naturally in foods. Most of the sodium is added during processing.
- Don’t add salt. 01 teaspoon of salt has 2,300 mg of sodium. Try using the herbs or spices to add flavor to your food.
- Ease into it. If you feel you cannot hugely reduce the sodium in your diet rapidly, cut back slowly but surely.
5. Limit the intake of Alcohol
Alcohol is always good and bad both for the health.
By drinking alcohol only in control you can potentially lower your blood pressure.
But that defensive result is lost if you drink too much alcohol.
Drinking more than sensible amounts of alcohol can actually raise blood pressure by several points.
6. Quit smoking
Every cigarette you are smoking increases your blood pressure for many minutes after you finish. Quitting smoking may reduce your risk of heart disease and improve your overall health.
7. Cut back on the amount of caffeine
The responsibility caffeine show in blood pressure is still debated. Caffeine can raise blood pressure up to 10 mm Hg in people who rarely take it. But people who drink coffee on a regular basis may experience little or no consequence on their blood pressure.
05 Days Yoga-Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh:Check Now!
To check if caffeine raises your blood pressure, check your pressure within 30 minutes of drinking any caffeine beverage.
8. Reduce your stress
If you can’t remove all of your stress reasons, you can at least deal with with them in a healthier way.
- Change your expectations. For example, graph your day and focus on your priorities. Know that there are some things you can’t change or control,but you surely can focus on how to react.
- Focus on things you can control and make plans to solve them. If you are having any problem work, try talking to your senior or manager. If you are having a quarrel with your kids or spouse, take steps to resolve it and you will get help to control your high blood pressure.
- Avoid stress triggers. Ex:if rush traffic on the way to work causes stress, try to go earlier in the morning. Avoid people who cause you stress if doable.
- Manage time for yourself to relax and to do activities you enjoy. Take your time daily to sit quietly and breathe deeply. Make time for pleasurable activities in your timetable.
- Practice gratitude. Expressing gratitude to others can help decrease your stress.
9. Monitor your blood pressure at home and see your doctor regularly
Monitoring at home by yourself can help you keep control on your blood pressure, make sure that certain your lifestyle changes are working. Regular visits to your doctor are also is a key to calculating your blood pressure.
10. Get support
Encouraging family and friends canh elp get better your health. They may cheer you to think about of yourself,drive you to the doctor’s office or get on an exercise program with you to control high blood pressure low.
Enroll Now! For Best Yoga Teacher Training Experience in India.